2/6/11

Weekend runs rock!

I love weekend runs. Instead of running through a neighborhood in the dark I can run at a park and I can see where I'm going! If that's not good enough it's also the end of the week, which means I've finished another week in the program successfully!

One thing I'm quickly learning about running- it makes places a lot smaller.  The park I've been running at is about a mile long.  I didn't know that until I started running, I thought it was a lot bigger.  Of course it's on the water so if you have a boat it IS a lot bigger, but that's besides the point.  Running gets you to the end of a mile awful fast- even when you're doing more walking than running like I have been.

I went to a different park this weekend, and started at the place in the picture there.  Unfortunately that path ran out really quick, but I was still able to run along the water and watch for alligators.  None today, but I did see 3 deer when I was driving out of the park.  You have to love a Prius, it's so quiet that the deer just let me coast by without running off.

Next week starts week 4, that means running for 5 minutes at a time.  According to the plan that's about 1/2 a mile.  I don't think that's true in my case since I run extremely slow, but I'm going to call it a half mile anyways just because it sounds so impressive!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment