3/13/11

Finished the C25K!

I have officially finished the C25K plan.  That is I can run 30 minutes, not so much that I can run 3 miles.  This morning I'm going to map out 3 miles through the neighborhood in my car so I can see how far that is.  At my speed it'll probably be a three hour run, but we shall see.

My next goal is to start one of the 5k to 10k plans.  I found one in a podcast for the ipod that I'll probably use.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the same huge user base as the C25K plan but I did find a chart of how much running is involved each week.  It's a lot!   But it sounds really doable because it goes back to very short runs (4-6 minutes) with 60-90 second walks in between.  I'll have to do a bit more investigating other pans before I decide which one to use, but I definitely need to keep upping my time. 

Someday I'll start working on my speed as a goal. I've notices a lot of people running in this neighborhood now that I'm out and about, and most of them run a whole lot faster than I do.  But that's a goal for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment