9/11/13

Lost that Blogging Feeling


I 'm not sure why but it seems I lost all interest in all things computer over the last two months.  I stopped blogging, stopped participating in Twitter run/healthy something chats (the fact that I like motivational twitter chats is embarrassing yet true), even looking at Facebook or surfing the net.  I'd like to say it was because I did some get off the couch and get outside challenge, but if I had tried that you KNOW I'd be at the computer every day.  Actually it was probably more the fact that at work I comb through databases most of the day and just got tired of looking at computers and of thinking in general.

Whatever.  I am not the most consistent person or the best at convincing myself I should do things that I don't wanna do (ya, that has to be said like a 3 year old would). 

I've always been kind of cyclical (sounds better than back and forth or irresolute). The same way I lost any desire to write about anything  I suddenly found it again.  I even signed up for a class, Stunt Writing for Personal Growth on Canvas Network.  Sounds kind of dangerous, it should be fun!

I haven't tried a class on Canvas Network yet but they offer free and inexpensive online classes.  I found out about them when my sister asked me if I wanted to take Society, Science, Survival: Lessons from AMC’s The Walking Dead with her.  Um, yes.  Of course I want to take a class based on surviving a zombie apocalypse.  You know you're signing up too. They have quite a few classes that look interesting but I'm going to wait to sign up for anything else until I find out whether I like these classes or not.

Well, I'm off to pick up my son.  I intend to be back soon but you know how that goes...


2 comments:

  1. I took a 3+ month break...totally didn't want to blog anymore. It was my summer break. It's been really hard to get back in the groove, but I do miss it. I miss having the record of our days, but I wish I could just dictate them and somebody else could curate and edit the photos! Still not feeling like writing, but I'm trying to get back into it. Blog burnout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it odd that you can not feel like doing something and miss doing it at the same time?

      Delete